If you are planning to buy a rabbit or are having them at home, then you must surely be knowing how to take care of it, and how adorable they can be! Yes indeed!
They are cute little buddies and need too much of care from their owners, just like a young baby. You need to handle them with utmost delicacy and pamper them as much as you can, and they would not miss the opportunity to entertain you!
In general, the list of things associated with rabbit care, or any pet for that matter, involves pet food, pet health and pet house. Since these are known to live in natural habitats like forests, jungles and precisely in and around trees and bushes, a homely habitat would be an uncomfortable experience for them.
Now before going into the details of how to make one, let's see where you can keep one. Rabbits love outdoor surroundings and if you own them, you ought to have a backyard of your own, for sure. That's the place where you can keep or build a hutch.
When it comes to the hutch, you need to remember certain aspects in your mind.
- Make the hutch using hard wood sheets that protect them for cold temperatures and predators like dogs.
- The most convenient outdoor hutch plan would be to make a two storied hutch which is spacious, wherein there are wire mesh on all the four sides above which is the rest place. Alternatively, one story would make do wherein the arrangement is adjacently placed.
- The flooring should be made of plastic coverings so that it is easy to wash and clean.
- Do not forget to keep a litter box in the hutch and train your rabbits accordingly.
- Though the wire flooring is good for ventilation, it can cause harm to these delicate creatures, so avoid wires.
- Buy huger and spacious hutches; they are available in various designs like double levels and single levels. Rabbits breed very fast and cannot adjust in congested surroundings.
- See to it that the door is easy to open and close and not too tight.
- Keep warm thick blankets inside the hutch to protect them against cold temperatures and mainly for taking rest.
Now the next query which comes to mind it, whether or not it is economical to buy these from market. If you check and inquire, there are many hutches for sale. They would certainly consist of all the mentioned amenities and make your rabbits feel very comfortable however, the prices are well worth the convenience.
Hence, it is recommended that one builds a rabbit hutch at home rather than opting for these expensive ones. But what you need to keep in mind is, to build a sturdy hutch which is reliable and long-lasting, and most importantly, spacious.
Now you know much more about an outdoor rabbit hutch. Take help of your friends and family members to make one for them, and you are sure to enjoy keeping rabbits as pets.