Mobile pet grooming has become a hot trend among pet owners. With a service that comes right to your house, it’s a hard offer to pass up! Its convenience comes at a time when many are too busy to shuttle their furry friends back and forth. So, let’s see what this pet grooming service is all about.
What is Mobile Pet Grooming?
In an era where convenience is all the rage, pet grooming hasn’t missed the mark. Mobile pet grooming checks all the boxes by showing up right at your house at a time that works for you and your family. In general, they provide their grooming love to both dogs and cats. The service parks their mobile grooming vehicle right outside your home as they work to fluff and buff your pet.
Just like a brick-and-mortar facility, they have all the grooming tools available to do perform the normal services like bathing, brushing, cutting, de-matting, nail clipping and drying. Sometimes, they even offer add-on “luxury” services like:
- Teeth brushing
- De-shedding treatments
- Therapeutic shampoos
- Remoisturizing treatments
If this sounds like a day at the spa, it often is!
Benefits of Mobile Pet Grooming
Aside from the convenience for pet owners, mobile pet grooming offers the added benefits for the pets themselves. This service often proves beneficial in the following ways:
- Anxiety: Pets who struggle with anxiety need not go far from their home or owners. They are right outside their home turf, and their human can come down to check on them at any time.
- Car sickness: Some pets just don’t do well on car rides. Transportation issues are eliminated when the groomer is able to come to your own home.
- Kennel-free: Since the service is scheduled and personalized for just you, your pet will have no need to hang out in a kennel waiting for their turn.
- Faster service: Again, since this service is just for your pet, you won’t need to wait all day for your pet to be pampered. Plus, you can schedule multiple pets for ease of service.
So, are you looking up mobile pet groomers yet?
After reading that list of benefits, you’re probably wondering how much these services will cost. Well, believe it or not, it really isn’t much more than going to a traditional groomer.
In general, a brick-and-mortar groomer costs about $40-$60 for an average sized dog with routine services while a mobile service costs about $50-$70. Thus, yes, it is a little more, but many would argue that the convenience and benefits more than justify the small price difference.
And, of course, don’t forget to tip your groomer!
How to Choose a Mobile Pet Groomer?
As with any grooming facility, you want to make sure your pet is in the best hands. Here are a few screening questions you can ask before you commit to a service provider:
- Are you insured?
- Do you have experience with my pet’s breed?
- What products do you use?
- May I see inside your vehicle before you begin servicing my pet?
Once you see the service vehicle for yourself and get satisfactory answers to the other questions, you should be ready to get started!
To close, mobile pet grooming is a convenient service that saves a ton of time and hassle. Do your research and find reputable providers in your area before making your final choice!